Animal Care & Management - 0104A
Love animals? Interested in exploring careers that deal with the care and use of animals? Looking for a different undergraduate major? Striving for that competitive edge? Seeking an undergraduate degree that will be fun to pursue and will set you apart from the rest?
The Department of Animal and Avian Sciences offers a specialized option in Animal Care and Management. This curriculum prepares you for a rewarding career in poultry and livestock production and related fields (animal nutrition, health, and allied industries.)
Sample Course Work
Math and Science Courses
Some ANSC Courses you may take
- College and Departmental Scholarships available for incoming freshmen.
- Required advising and mentoring by a faculty member who is an expert in your field of interest.
- Modern laboratories, teaching facilities and technology, animal rooms, and a campus teaching farm, available to help you prepare for your chosen career.
- Opportunities for leadership roles and for social and professional interaction through student organizations.
- Internships through the campus, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Clarksville Dairy, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Smithsonian Institute, and many more.