If you find yourself struggling in a class, or just not performing as well as you would like, there are a number of campus resources available to help! Students are encouraged to seek out assistance in their courses early on in the semester.
- UMD Tutoring - links to campus wide and major specific tutoring resources (including Chemistry, Math, and Physics)
- Counseling Center Academic Resources - links to resources (both on-campus and online) to help students with study skills, math learning, and time management
- Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Education - offers a variety of services and programs to enhance the learning experiences and promote the academic success of undergraduate students.
- Academic Success and Tutorial Services - initiative of the Academic Achievement Program, a resource for all students, with a specific focus on serving students in “high-risk” courses.
- WiseGuy - online volunteer peer tutors/mentors
- Guided Study Sessions (GSS) - offers FREE, regularly scheduled study sessions for traditionally difficult courses.
- UMD Writing Center - provides opportunities for undergraduate students to improve writing and thinking skills in their academic work, and also in preparation for their respective careers.
- Oral Communication Center - helps students with speaking assignments and hosts workshops on topics such as listening, speaking anxiety, and presentation delivery.