Animal Biotechnology - 0104F
Interested in animals and cutting edge technology? Looking for a program that will prepare you for success? Striving for that competitive edge for the future?
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Maryland is ideal for students looking to combine an interest in biotechnology with animal science. The Animal Biotechnology option is a relatively new addition to our program. It combines the basic required animal science courses with a focus on biology and technology. This option has a heavy emphasis on science courses, to prepare students for a professional career. Some of the career options with this track include: an industry career in animal biotechnology; a graduate degree in biotechnology (either MS and/or PHD); or a professional degree and career (Veterinary or Human Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy.)
Sample Course Work
Math and Science Courses
Some ANSC Courses you may take
- College and Departmental Scholarships available for incoming freshmen.
- Required advising and mentoring by a faculty member who is an expert in your field of interest.
- Modern laboratories, teaching facilities and technology, animal rooms, and a campus teaching farm, available to help you prepare for your chosen career.
- Opportunities for leadership roles and for social and professional interaction through student organizations.
- Unique hands-on courses such as Experimental Embryology and our Recombinant DNA Laboratory