If you or anyone you know is struggling with problems of a personal nature (depression, anxiety, stress, etc.), the University has many resources to help you! We want all students to feel safe and and be successful, and we are here to help. If you find yourself struggling, do not hesistate to reach out and ask for help!
- Counseling Center - offers free and confidential counseling sessions to registered UMD undergraduate and graduate students.
- Mental Health Service in the University Health Center - mental health evaluation, prescription and monitoring of psychiatric medicine.
- Help Center - (301) 314-HELP, The HELP Center is a campus telephone hotline where you can confidentially speak to a trained student (peer-counselor) about any matter that concerns you.
- Center for Healthy Families - The Center for Healthy Families provides couples, marriage and family therapy as well as parent education.
- University Chaplains - Pastoral Counseling. Please check the Chaplain Directory for specific contacts from each religion or denomination.
- Undergraduate Student Ombudsperson - The Ombuds Office assists students with resolving issues with the university, including those in which students are unsure where to go for assistance or those that may not be easily addressed through established policies or procedures. The ombudsperson provides information on university policies and procedures, makes referrals to appropriate campus colleagues who may be helpful with resolving issues, and sometimes facilitates the resolution of problems.