Pre-veterinary Medicine - 1299D
Planning to be a veterinarian? Looking for a program that will prepare you for success? Striving for that competitive edge?
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Maryland is the most popular choice for students who wish to pursue veterinary medicine. In addition to their major faculty advisor, students interested in veterinary medicine also work with a second advisor in the admissions office of the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine located on campus. A combined degree program is available to students who gain admission to veterinary school prior to completing their bachelor's degree. College of Agriculture and Natural Resources students who have completed at least ninety hours, including all college and university requirements, are awarded a bachelor of science degree upon successful completion of at least thirty semester hours in an accredited college of veterinary medicine. Early planning with your advisor is encouraged if you choose this option.
Sample Course Work
Math and Science Courses
Some ANSC Courses you may take
- College and Departmental Scholarships available for incoming freshmen.
- Mandatory advising and mentoring by a faculty member who is an expert in your field of interest.
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine admissions advisors located here on campus who will assist you in preparing applications to veterinary schools.
- Modern laboratories, a surgical suite, animal rooms and a teaching farm are part of campus facilities and provide both educational and research opportunities for students.
- Many internship opportunities at the College of Veterinary Medicine, College Park, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Zoo, just to name a few.
- Coordinator of Student Services, Libby Dufour, available to answer questions at 301-405-1373.
For additional information on Applications, contact April Brohawn
0112 Symons Hall, Phone: 301-314-7222, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on curricula, contact Libby Dufour
1415 Animal Sciences Building, Phone: 301-405-1373, E-mail: email@example.com