Student Resources & Forms
Timeline of forms and paperwork:
All forms should be submitted to Victoria Lake in the Graduate Program Office (1415A Animal Science or at firstname.lastname@example.org). Other forms can be found at the Graduate School’s Important Forms page. Be sure to obtain the signature of the director of the ANSC Graduate Program, Dr. Keefer, if needed before submitting the forms.
By the end of the 1st semester:
- Submit an Advisory Chair and Committee Member Form
- If one of your committee members is not a current member of our graduate faculty you will need to submit a Nomination to the Graduate Faculty Form
- This form needs to be submitted along with the Nomination to Graduate Faculty Form: Graduate Faculty Information Form
By the end of the 2nd semester:
- Plan of Study
- MS Research Proposal and Coversheet Form (MS only) For information on creating your proposal please refer to our research proposal guidelines.
By the end of the 3rd semester:
- PhD Research Proposal and Coversheet Form (PhD only) For information on creating your proposal please refer to our research proposal guidelines.
After Every Advisory Committee Meeting:
- The committee must submit a Report of Advisory Committee Meeting Form
Every year students will be evaluated by the Graduate Education Committee. They will need to submit the following forms by mid-April:
- The GEC will meet with each student and send them a report detailing their evaluation
- Every student must present at the ANSC Annual Symposium
- Before the prelims students must meet with their committee and complete a GOA Expectations Form
- After the prelims their committee must submit the appropriate GOA Assessment Forms
- If successful the student must submit an Application for Admission to Candidacy Form
Defense: (MS and PhD)
- At least six weeks before the oral exam a Nomination of Thesis or Dissertation Committee Form must be submitted
- After the defense, the committee chair must submit the appropriate GOA Assessment Forms and the Report of Examining Committee Form (which will be received from the Registrar's Office prior to the defense) to the ANSC Graduate Program office
- Apply for Graduation
- Submit Teaching Requirement Form (PhD only)
- Masters Students must submit an Approved Program Form (MS only)
- When your thesis or dissertation is finished you must complete an Electronic Publication Form.
- After the dissertation is published, students must take the required surveys (PhD only)
- Send a .pdf of your completed thesis or dissertation to Victoria Lake.
Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Links