- A minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.0, or for international students, a B or better rating by International Education Services.
- A minimum total score of 300 for Verbal and Quantitative GRE with neither score being less than 150. A 4.0 for the Analytical test is recommended.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100 is required for international students (when applicable).
- Applicants with scores lower than the baseline in any one category may be considered if other components of their application are strong.
- International – January 15 for consideration for an assistantship (deadline March 15)
- Domestic – January 15 for consideration for an assistantship (deadline May 15)
- International – September 1
- Domestic –October 1 for best consideration (deadline December 1)
Students interested in being considered for a departmental assistantship should submit their application by the early application deadline of January 15th for Fall Term.
Online Application - Apply Now
All applicants must provide the following:
- Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Research Interests and Career Goals
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Official TOEFL scores for international applicants
Finding an Advisor
Though not required, we do recommend that prior to applying you contact one or more faculty members whose research interests mesh with yours. Identifying an advisor first can be helpful to determine whether the faculty member and their research is a good fit for the applicant and whether the faculty member is taking new graduate students into their lab. Students can learn more about our faculty members and the research they are doing by visiting their profiles on our website.