Giving to ANSC
Dr. Brian Bequette Student Research Fund
- Firstly, the fund will be used to support the purchase of materials and supplies needed by a team of three or more undergraduate students proposing a mentored research project.
- Secondly, the fund will be used to support the purchase of materials and supplies needed by an individual undergraduate or graduate student conducting a mentored research project.
- Thirdly, the fund will be used to support the travel expenses of sending an undergraduate or graduate student to a national meeting for the purpose of presenting their research.
Make a commitment to supporting the teaching mission of the Department of Animal and Avian Sciences by donating to any of the funds below. No matter what the amount, your gift will make a difference and help to preserve the quality of education provided by our Department.
There are four different funds to which you can make your contribution:
1. Animal Sciences Undergraduate Student Fund - Code: 20095 listed as "Animal & Avian Sciences Fund"
Contributions to this fund go toward scholarships and educational materials for our undergraduates. Scholarships provide critical support for talented students. Each year, the department awards scholarships to its top incoming Freshmen, but more funds are needed.
2. Animal Sciences Graduate Student Fund - Code: 30611 listed as "Animal & Avian Sciences Department Scholarship Fund"
Presenting their research at national meetings is a crucial part of the development of graduate students toward their degrees and career goals. Contributions to this fund go to support travel to national meetings and educational materials for our graduate students. Each year, more graduate students apply for travel support than the funds available. Donations to this fund will support the training and education of our graduate students.
3. Animal Sciences Campus Farm Fund - Code: 21723 listed as "Animal Sciences Campus Farm Fund"
Contributions to this fund go toward supporting the operation of the Campus Farm, the focal point of our undergraduate program activities. Located immediately across Regents Drive from the Animal Sciences Building, the Campus Farm occupies approximately 4.3 acres of land and houses various livestock and poultry used extensively in teaching laboratories. The costs of operating the farm have climbed to unprecedented levels in recent years. Support through this fund-raising campaign will help care for and feed the animals on the Campus Farm.
4. Campus Farm Revitalization Fund- Code: 22136 listed as "Animal Sciences Campus Farm Fund"
Donations to this fund will support the renovation and revitalization of the Campus Farm as a modern teaching facility for our undergraduate students.
How to Donate
Every contribution to the Department of Animal and Avian Sciences is appreciated and makes a difference. We thank you for your support!
Donations can be made in the form of a check or online by credit card (see below for instructions).
Donating by Check
When writing a check, please make it payable to "UMCP Foundation" and please be sure to specify the CODE number for the fund to which you wish to donate. Checks can be mailed directly to the department at:
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences
1413 Animal Sciences Center
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-2311
Making an Online Donation
If you would like to make your contribution online with a credit card, you can do so with just a few easy steps.
- Go to the online donation page
- Choose the Type of Gift (either pledge payment by credit card or new gift by credit card)
- Click Next
- Complete Personal Information
- Click Next
- To designate your gift to one of our THREE funds type the word "Animal" into the Search for a fund box.
- Select the appropriate fund (see above for descriptions)
- Type in your gift amount and the frequency of the gift (one-time, monthly, quarterly)
- Click Next
- Complete billing and credit card information
- Click Next
- Confirm your gift and you are done!